RED DOT 2017: Bingo for the SWING!
The AURES Group’s innovation by design strategy is once again rewarded with a RED DOT in 2017
After the SANGO EPOS system – which won a RED DOT Product Award in 2013 – AURES’ SWING tablet solution concept has in turn been awarded this major international design prize.
Developed by AURES in collaboration with Bertrand Médas – designer and CEO/founder of ID’S design agency – the SWING is a mobile, multi-function EPOS system designed to meet the needs of omni-channel, mobile point-of-sale and service environments.
The SWING has a wide range of features for EPOS management and payment receipt, order processing, digital display, menu and production presentation, price checking, and to manage stock as well as on- and offline customer loyalty programmes.
“The RED DOT award’s panel of judges was taken with the modular, ergonomic design of our new multi-use tablet concept,” explained Patrick CATHALA , CEO and founder of the AURES Group.
“The POGO system – a connection and magnetic attachment module featuring built-in, retractable security locks – is unique on the EPOS market. This exclusively developed AURES device enables the tablet to auto-position on its various stands: in addition to the mobile (tablet on the user’s forearm) and stand-based (tablet attached to a built-in, foldable stand) versions, the SWING can easily be turned into a complete, compact mini-EPOS system (docking station version), or used in mini-pole and wall-mounted versions.” The SWING is splash-, dust-, jolt-, and drop-resistant and is suitable for tough EPOS environments.
“With this latest RED DOT award, we have proved once again that the AURES Group is the most creative, innovative designer on the EPOS market,” said CATHALA.
- Mobile version: for easy, ergonomic use, AURES has designed this slightly convex version with an off-centre elastic strap (black or white) to optimize the SWING’s weight distribution between your arm and forearm. The shell – made from a resistant thermoplastic polyurethane (between rubber and plastic ) – is ultra-soft to the touch, making it very comfortable to use and highly drop resistant.
- Stand-based version: leaning against its detachable stand at the back of the tablet, the SWING turns into a stand-based version and can be placed on any surface in any location.
- Light box version:connected to a small remote box under the sales counter, this version of the SWING for wall-mounted or mini-pole applications offers additional connectivity options.
With the exclusive POGO system (optional extra):
- Adjustable docking station version: resting on a charger featuring several input/output ports, this version forms a complete, ultra-compact point-of-sale terminal permanently connected to all point-of-service devices (other sales/EPOS management and payment receipt terminals, associated peripherals, multi-screens, interactive kiosks, staff and customer smartphones at checkouts, etc.).
- Wall-mounted version:either wall-mounted or attached to a dedicated mini-pole, this version facilitates all payment-receipt and sales-assistance operations (product and price display terminals, digital signage, etc.).
- Mini-pole version: as above – attached to a dedicated mini-pole (optional extra).